Tuesday, November 6, 2007

5 easy steps to a romantic evening

Tonight I set up a fairly nice dinner for my girlfriend, it was a kinda spur-of-the-moment type of thing. So I figured that I would give everyone the benefit of what I learned.

Step 1: Clean up

Not take a shower you wanker, she really doesn't care if you a days grime on you. (note any more than one day does require a bath) but clean up the immediate area around where you will eat. Anyone that knows me in meatspace knows that my place is a constant wreak. One good thing about a messy house is a clean spot looks like an oasis.

Step 2: Candles

Candles will make that clean spot more of an oasis. Just turn off all the lights and she'll just gravitate to it

Step 3: Food

Food is the least of your issues. Any food will do, my last romantic evening (the one being discussed here) was honey buffalo wings and steak fries. Not a big deal.

Step 4: Wine

Vino is not necessary but hell get her drunk. Even bad wine will do. I had my first just off the shelf buy a bottle, take it home, and hope is doesn't taste like ass. Well that didn't go so well you can read my review of the wine at cork'd (friend me up!)

Step 5: Music

Music is another easy one, just join last.fm. With that you don't have to own shite for music. Here is what I did. I went to last.fm and just played any music tagged "jazz", you can choose music by artist, genre, or just what it was tagged (so web 2.0!). And it worked there was even this Nora Jones track that we both dugg. (BTW friend me up here also)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally agree with the Oasis comment.

And if you can't find good wine, remember, she is Irish. You could always pick up some cheap whiskey. Of course then a fight could break out. But that too can get you where you want to go. Wink wink nudge nudge