Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You have to take the good with bad I guess: the RIAA and NASA

This is probablynot news to anyone but the RIAA hates you. Arstechnica is reporting today that 'Those MP3 and AAC files that you've ripped from your CD collection are still "unauthorized copies" in the eyes of the recording industry. In a brief filed late last week, the RIAA said that the MP3 files on a PC owned by a file-sharing defendant who had admitted to ripping them himself were "unauthorized copies." ' HUH? you mean the disc that I bought that contained no User Agreement, and no copy protection was not really mine. So that means when I was in high school and had $500 worth the CDs stolen out of my car, that they should have replaced them for me. Well I'd like to speak to a manager please.

"When asked by the RIAA's lead counsel whether it was wrong for consumers to make copies of CDs they have purchased, Jennifer Pariser replied in the negative. "When an individual makes a copy of a song for himself, I suppose we can say he stole a song," said Pariser. Making "a copy" of a song you own is just "a nice way of saying 'steals just one copy'," according to Pariser." OMG your bastards.

The line I like best is "I suppose we can say he stole a song" IF your going to call us thieves, then do it, but don't patronize us.


Now on to the Good:

The space shuttle Atlantis was attacked by a giant spider. Well, that's what it looked like on NASA TV, as an "evil space spider" walked right over a live picture of the launch pad.

see it here

And now a special note to local6.com, Why do you make it so bloody hard to embed video. That is why I didn't credit you for the video above, if you want a plug don't be a knobjockey.

No comments: