Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Gutsy Countdown




This is really exciting and really scary at the same time. GNOME 2.20 is sweet there is no doubt about that, but the rest of the stuff is really buggy. Here is a list of stuff that has happened in no particular order:

*the bottom bar doesn't show up when you first boot
*the added effects manager or the other effects crash the system
*everything seems really touchy

I know not a "definitive list of why it shouldn't ship", but I'm still worried. Not for the people like me who are going to install it regardless and say that it's better than having to run Slackware from 6 years ago, but it's not even as ready as the Feisty Alphas were. I'm running the Beta and it's like Microsoft beta quality not Free Software Beta quality.

I'm also working on my thoughts of Ohio Linux Fest 2007 and hope to have that posted soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!